For the 10th time, the Taiwan LGBT Pride Parade took place in the streets of Taipei today. Tens of thousands of people participated; probably as many as 50,000.
Apart from making everybody have a good time, the organizers wanted to raise attention for legalizing same-sex marriages. More background here. And AFP reports: „Taiwan is one of the most culturally liberal societies in East Asia.“
Here are some pictures and videos I took today. Enjoy!
Big hair, big bodies.
This is not the Super Mario I remember!
This girl posed almost naked in front of Taiwan’s national parliament, and no one bothered. Freedom feels good.
Many fantastic costumes on the street today.
The parade passed by a Christian church on Linsen Rd. in downtown Taipei.
What does it take to get on the band wagon?
Other posts you might want to have a look at:
- Police chase away anti-Falun Gong protesters in Taipei
- Taiwanese girls dating Western foreigners: What is a Xicanmei 西餐妹 ?
- Taiwan’s new interior minister: Not your typical politician
- How Taipei citizens do not get a second forest park, but just another shopping mall
- Cheap labor, no rights? Taiwan’s 2nd class foreigners
- Jingmei Prison shows how Taiwan does not deal with its past